Thursday 26 January 2012

Hands and Animals and Feet, oh my.

It's been a little while since my last post, hasn't it? Oh my, yes it has. My apologies to the few of you who were asking me when I was going to update. This will be a gigantic post with many pictures, so there you go!

Some of my very own hands and feet, for a life drawing assignment. I had lots of fun getting cramps in all my phalanges, but sadly some of the perspective is warped on a few of these.
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket



Another life drawing assignment, this time from the Royal Winter Fair. Many gestures and a few studies of the many animals on display or in competition. Turns out that cows, even the very plump ones, have a delightful bone structure and are lovely to draw. Who knew?

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

A sheet of expressions for character design. I still have quite a bit of trouble with humans, as you can probably tell. I do quite like this lady (she's batshit, you see), and I do quite like a couple of these expressions. However, I didn't get the continuity that I would like to see. Some of the later ones feel like I was drawing her sister instead of her.
Photobucket

A layout assignment, using the same small dino from the last post. Poor guy. Birds are jerks.

Photobucket



Here are a pair of paintings from way back at the beginning of the semester. More or less my first attempts at painting with gauche, the medium of choice for our painting class.
Photobucket Photobucket


Another painting, this time quick little sketches of textures.
Photobucket


And finally, my most recent painting (from earlier this week). I didn't spend as much time on this as I would have liked, and there are many parts I would like to refine. I do like how the metal midsection of the gas lamp turned out.

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Everything looks really nice :D I love the still life, especially as you mentioned the gas lamp :)

    ReplyDelete